Even if you’ve never studied chemistry or biology before, this straightforward text makes microbiology easy to learn and helps you understand the spread, control, and prevention of infections. Content is logically organized and reflects just the right level of detail to give you a solid foundation for success, enabling you to connect concepts to real-world practice and confidently apply your scientific knowledge to patient care.
- Focuses on just the right amount of information you need to know to save you valuable time.
- Chapter outlines and key terms for every chapter help you study more efficiently.
- Learning objectives clarify chapter goals and guide you through content.
- UNIQUE! Why You Need to Know boxes detail the history and everyday relevance of key topics to enhance your understanding.
- UNIQUE! Life Application boxes demonstrate how science applies to real-world scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Medical Highlights boxes emphasize special details and anecdotal information to give you a more comprehensive understanding of pathologic conditions.
- UNIQUE! Healthcare Application tables provide quick access to important data on symptoms, causes, and treatments.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter test your understanding and help you identify areas requiring further study.
- Internet resources listed at the end of every chapter direct you to reliable sources for further research.