Promotes ease of understanding with a unique problem-solving method and new clinical application scenarios!
With a focus on chemistry and physics content that is directly relevant to the practice of anesthesia, this text delivers—in an engaging, conversational style--the breadth of scientific information required for the combined chemistry and physics course for nurse anesthesia students. Now in its third edition, the text is updated and reorganized to facilitate a greater ease and depth of understanding. It includes additional clinical application scenarios, detailed, step-by-step solutions to problems, and a Solutions Manual demonstrating a unique method for solving chemistry and physics problems and explaining how to use a calculator. The addition of a third author--a practicing nurse anesthetist--provides additional clinical relevance to the scientific information. Also included is a comprehensive listing of need-to-know equations.
The third edition retains the many outstanding learning features from earlier editions, including a special focus on gases, the use of illustrations to demonstrate how scientific concepts relate directly to their clinical application in anesthesia, and end-of-chapter summaries and review questions to facilitate self-assessment. Ten on-line videos enhance teaching and learning, and abundant clinical application scenarios help reinforce scientific principles and relate them to day-to-day anesthesia procedures. This clear, easy-to-read text will help even the most chemistry- and physics-phobic students to master the foundations of these sciences and competently apply them in a variety of clinical situations.
New to the Third Edition:
- The addition of a third co-author--a practicing nurse anesthetist—provides additional clinical relevance
- Revised and updated to foster ease of understanding
- Detailed, step-by-step solutions to end-of-chapter problems
- Solutions Manual providing guidance on general problem-solving, calculator use, and a unique step-by-step problem-solving method
- Additional clinical application scenarios
- Comprehensive list of all key equations with explanation of symbols
- New instructor materials include PowerPoint slides.
- Updated information on the gas laws
- Written in an engaging, conversational style for ease of understanding
- Focuses solely on chemistry and physics principles relevant to nurse anesthetists
- Provides end-of-chapter summaries and review questions
- Includes abundant illustrations highlighting application of theory to practice