Online distance education continues to grow at a fast pace, even outpacing the overall growth of U.S. higher education. Demands for quality are coming from all shareholders involved. As if caught by surprise, a patchwork response to quality is often the typical organizational response. The result can be inconsistent and uncoordinated levels of value to those invested in online learning. This often promotes negative images of the educational experience and institution.
Comprised of highly regarded experts in the field, this edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of quality assurance, a snapshot of current practices and proven recommendations for raising standards of quality in online education.
Topics discussed include:
* Improving practices for teaching online
* Using educational analytics for quality assurance and improvement
* Accessibility: An important dimension of quality assurance
* Assuring quality in online course design
* Assuring quality in learner support, academic resources, advising and counseling
* The role and realities of accreditation
This text clearly answers the call for addressing quality from a broad, deep and coordinated understanding. It addresses the complexities of quality assurance in higher education and offers professionals top-shelf advice and support.
*This text is also appropriate for students enrolled in Educational Technology and Higher Education Administration Masters and PhD programs